Stage 2: Photographers
Portráidí na Scríbhneoirí Gaeilge is a multi-annual, multi-stage project. In the first stage of the project, the book and website based on the current archive of portraits is made available to the public. In the second stage of the project, new additional portraits will be added to the collection on an annual basis, so that the archive of living Irish-language writers can be made as complete as possible. To this end, the project participants are delighted to also announce the first news of Stage 2 of the project. A panel has been formed to continue the work of portraiture begun by Máire Uí Mhaicín, comprising the following photographers:
• Ronan Doherty, Design and Technical consultant, Portráidí na Scríbhneoirí Gaeilge
• Lára Ní Mhaoláin, lecturer in Modern Irish, Maynooth University
• Seán Ó Mainnín, photographic editor, tuairisc.ie
- Caoimhín Ó Peatáin, former Chairperson of Comhairle na Gaelscolaíochta
• Máirín Seoighe, filmmaker and founder of Scannáin Dobharchú
The project participants would like to extend their thanks to this panel in their work. This is an historic publication: a commemoration of all aspects of Irish cultural heritage, especially that which has been contributed by Irish language writers.