Types of data collected
You may use the Portráidí.ie website without providing identifiable personal information. Certain usage metrics are collected automatically with the aid of cookies while users browse the website. Cookies are small text files stored on your computer which allow a web application to monitor how the same application is being used. The types of data collected fall into the following categories:
- The IP address of the visitor's web client
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor
- Click path data that demonstrate user behaviour (i.e. pages opened and files downloaded)
- Actions taken to share certain pages with others (e.g. action to share pages via e-mail or social media)
- The amount of time the user spends on certain pages
- The user's scroll actions on certain pages (i.e. the percentage of the page viewed by the user)
How the collected data are used
The data collected on this website are used for statistical purposes and it is not permitted to use them in order to identify individual users of the website unless required by law to do so. The information collected is used to analyse and conduct research into the general profile of vistitors to the website and the usage patterns of those visitors, with the aim of improving the experience of all visitors to the website. It is possible that the general findings of this research may be published occassionally with regard to the privacy protections discussed in this statement. The statistics gathered help us to better understand the following aspects of website usage:
- The number of visitors to the website and the number of visits to the website
- Users' geographical locations — only the nearest population centre to the user is recorded
- Users' technology — an account of traffic from desktop machines versus mobile devices
- Traffic sources (direct visits, traffic from search engines, traffic from social media, etc.)
- Usage and interaction patterns (the most-opened and most-read pages, files downloaded most frequently, common search terms, etc.)
47 Harrington St
Tel: +353 (0)1 675 1922
Storage and processing of collected data
The Data Controller processes data relating to the users of this website in an appropriate manner and all relevant measures are taken to prevent unauthorised access to this information, as well as its dissemination or alteration.
In addition to the Data Controller, it may be the case, under certain circumstances, that persons involved in aspects of website administration (content management or technical maintenance of the website, for example) or external parties (e.g. providers of technical or hosting services) may be granted access to collected data provided they are authorised by the Data Controller.
Use of Google Analytics
Rights of users
Users are entitled to know, at any time, if their personal data has been stored as a result of using this website and they may consult the Data Controller in order to ascertain the content and sources of these data. Users wishing to obtain such information should send a request to the Data Controller at the contact details listed above.
Statement last updated: 12 June 2016