The 2020 Group is named!
3 October 2019
A series of eight portraits/eight new writers are added to the collection each year. To this end, the project participants are delighted to also announce the fourth list of writers for Stage 2, to be added in 2020.Press release for the 2020 group
Portráidí na Scríbhneoirí Gaeilge is a multi-annual, multi-stage project. In the first stage of the project, the book and website based on the current archive of portraits has been made available to the public. In the second stage of the project, new additional portraits are being added to the collection on an annual basis, so that the archive of living Irish-language writers can be made as complete as possible over time. A series of eight portraits/eight new writers is added to the collection each year. To this end, the project participants are delighted to also announce the fourth such list of writers, to be added in 2020. They are:
- Áine Durkin: poet, composer agus blogger
- Áine Uí Fhoghlú: poet and writer for young people
- Declan Collinge: poet and essayist
- Gary Hastings: translator
- Jackie Mac Donncha: short-story writer, poet, agus novelist
- Máirín Ní Dhonnchadha: Professor of Early and Medieval Irish, National University of Ireland, Galway, agus academic writer
- Pádraigín Ní Uallacháin: composer and academic writer
- Seán Ó Coileáin: former Professor of Modern Irish, University College, Cork, and academic writer
Portraits of these eight writers, along with biographical information and other relevant details, will be prepared in the first six months of 2020 to be published by November of next year, when the material will be launched and the 2021 list will be announced. COMHAR and Foras na Gaeilge are very grateful to the writers and photographers who have agreed to be part of this inspirational project. This is an historic publication; a commemoration of all aspects of Irish cultural heritage, especially that which has been contributed by Irish-language writers.